All information collected by Dove Mill is stored and handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Personal and financial information collected on this site is used for the sole purpose of processing and delivering your order.
A cookie is a text only string of information created by a website on your computer. The website uses this cookie to identify you when you return to the site.
Our cookies cannot harm your computer and do not contain any personal or private information. Cookies do not store any personal details relating to you or your credit cards nor can they find out your email address, access any other files on your hard drive or transmit viruses. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain from which it has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, in our case a randomly generated unique number.
Most computers are sold with cookies enabled, but you can set your computer to disable cookies if you prefer to. However, you should be aware that the Dove Mill website will not work without cookies - you will not be able to login or purchase products if you have disabled cookies.
- Allows the site to remember your registration details so you don’t have to re-register each time you visit.
- Allows you to add items to your shopping basket without having to login repeatedly.
Cookies may also be used in the following ways:
- To allow us to match promotions and special offers to your preferences or to avoid showing you promotions repeatedly.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site. This helps us to improve the efficiency of our website for visitors and users.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website:
- Session cookies - temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent cookies - remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
When you register with us we collect the following information: Your name and address, a contact telephone number, and an email address.
When you place an order we also require your credit/debit card number, expiry date & security code. Without this information we would be unable to process your order or notify you of our acceptance of your order. We do not receive or hold your credit card details from Sage Pay who process our online transactions as all payment details are securely stored & handled by them.
All information will be held in accordance with our internal security policy. We keep this information on a secure server, which is not accessed by anyone other than Dove Mill.
We keep a record of any correspondence you send us including email messages as this helps us to track any problems or concerns you may have.
We also keep a record of your purchases with us so that we deal quickly with any issue you may have about your order. We may also contact you with offers that we think may be of interest to you.
We are committed to safeguarding the personal data of Dove Mill’s customers; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information. The data we collect is also used in the following ways:
- Enabling us to tell you about any special offers or promotions or company news that we feel may be of interest to you – but this is only where you have given permission. You may unsubscribe from receiving such communication at any time by emailing to email@example.com or contacting our Customer Service Team, you will also have the option to opt out of any marketing material. Please be assured that we will not share any personal details with a Third Party.
- Enabling us to contact you (and to ask for your permission to be included if we are planning any market research) so that we establish what you like or don't like about our products and service
- Planning our future product purchases so as to try and meet your requirements going forward
- Helping us to understand the shopping behaviour of our customers so that we can send you the most relevant information and not waste your time.
- When necessary, sharing your information with credit reference or fraud detection agencies - at all times the information will be secure.
The information, which you supply to us, is treated with the highest level of confidentiality. All information such as your name, address, payment details, email address is stored on secure servers. All your personal details are protected to the highest standards and treated as strictly confidential in line with the latest Data Protection and Consumer Legislation.
It is vital that the information you to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. And that you agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
We regularly review this policy to ensure that we continue to comply with all necessary regulations and give you the utmost confidence in the management of our data.
We protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. This is the industry standard technology for securing Credit / Debit Card data - which encrypts information transmitted from our website.
Each Credit / Debit card transaction is authorised and charged separately, so you will be required to input the entire number for all transactions. We are confident that no unauthorised person or organisation will be able to access any information that you send to us.
Our customer's security is of highest priority so we have invested in the latest fraud prevention initiative (3D Secure) to give you an increased level of payment card security for complete peace of mind. Find out more about 3D Secure (link to secure payment page)
Naturally it is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer to enjoy secure shopping online.
By consenting to receive marketing communicated by Dove Mill Retail Outlet Ltd you are agreeing to receive order information & marketing updates via email, postal mail or SMS/MMS messages. Dove Mill will never share or sell any of your personal data with third parties.
You can opt out of any marketing communication by simply clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any email communication or contact us for help.
At Dove Mill we are committed to the objectives of the Data Protection Act 1998 which declares our intention that all personal information held by the company will be treated in confidence and held and used only in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable legislation.
We keep only the minimum amount of personal information needed to perform our duties; and will hold that information securely, use it only for appropriate purposes and not disclose it without proper authority.
The company will provide any person requesting it in the proper manner a response stating whether or not the Company holds personal information about that individual and, if so, the opportunity to see that information and to have it corrected or deleted if appropriate.